Waimakariri District Council - Business Community Consultation
The Waimakariri District Council is looking for feedback from the business community toward the Long Term Plan.
This is your opportunity as a business owner in the district to have a direct input into the objectives of our local council. We are talking big picture stuff rather than individual regulations, but it's important that you have your say.
Topics to be covered will include:
- Infrastructure - Are the land zoning settings right? What about lighting, roads, waste water treatment, polution mitigation etc?
- Regulatory Framework and support - Is there a good balance between appropriate care and enabling innovation? Does the council provide adequate support for businesses to navigate the regulatory requirements?
- Community - What sort of community infrastructure would benefit business positively. Do you have thoughts on public transport, communications, community facilities etc?
- Promotional - How would businesses like the district to be promoted. Is Visit Waimakariri achieving the results you want?
- Support - What support would businesses like to see. Is the support offered by ENC and the council business support team sufficient?
And of course anything else business related that you want to talk about.
This event is brought to you by Enterprise North Canterbury and the Waimakariri District Council.