Moddex New Zealand has an exciting opportunity for a steel fabricator /boiler maker to join us based in our North Canterbury based production facility.
This is a highly dynamic and structured work environment in a young and energetic business.
This position has become available due to Moddex NZ’s continued growth.
Here’s an opportunity for you to grow and learn with the business, in a brand-new facility set up with all new equipment.
Moddex NZ shifted into a brand-new purpose-built facility in Flaxton, Rangiora in December 2019. Here’s your chance to get out of the rat race commute into the city.
As a primary function of your role, you will be working with the Production Coordinator completing cutting, bending and preparing of parts to fabricate into balustrade and other required items.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operation of Pipe Saw
- Cut pipe & other materials to specific lengths as shown on production drawings. Pack cut lengths in a way appropriate for the next process stage
- Operation of CNC Mandrel Pipe Bender
- Bend pipe to specific details as shown on production drawings.
- Pack bends in a way appropriate for the next process stage.
- Assembly of balustrade panels as shown on production drawings.
- Welding of balustrade panels as per company weld procedure & specification.
- General “as needed” fabrication for workshop improvements or testing purposes.
- Dimensional & Quality Checks
- Checking of outgoing parts to other departments.
- Factory Cleaning
- Ensuring all areas of the factory & kept in a neat and tidy fashion ensuring a “Tour Ready” level of cleanliness.
Key Performance Indicators
- Job Costing
- Allocated times for each process are met
- Adapt and apply the principles of lean manufacture to your work processes.
- NCR’s are kept to a minimum
- Adhering to 5S requirements
- Advising management of any safety, quality or any other issue.
- Preferred skills and Experience
- Fabrication/Welding tickets preferred
- Ability to read drawings
- Use of hand & power tools
- Forklift License
Company Perks and Incentives
- Anniversary Leave - On your work anniversary, take the day off on us!
- EOM Celebration - Cooked Lunch at the end of the month on us
- Monthly Mini Game prizes to celebrate meeting department targets.
- 5 for 5 - We reward and recognise longevity and commitment to Moddex. At every five year anniversary we give you an extra week’s leave
Salary Package approx $55,000-$80,000 based on experience, negotiable for the right candidate
How to Apply
Please apply through seek by copying the below link: https://www.seek.co.nz/job/40679397?_ga=2.159889983.381813634.1578851354-781476769.1565290275
Trades & Services Jobs,
View All Jobs