The Team Leader is responsible for:
- Being a Health and Safety champion. Leading safety and setting an example to others.
- Treating everyone with fairness, equity and respect.
- Leading the team, making decisions which take into account site, customer, team and financial ramifications for Native Solutions business.
- Ensuring all paperwork, tracking sheets, planting and job coordination is completed as expected on a daily, weekly and job completion basis. That all is submitted within the required time frames.
- Ensuring all policies and procedures are followed at all times by all team members, including yourself.
- Developing team members and Second in Charge, to lead in their areas of interest.
- Training team members on quality planting, plant knowledge and all aspects of their role.
- Following up on any issues without delay, including disciplinary issues.
- Following the daily, weekly and job end tasks as listed in Schedule 1.
- Responsible for ensuring the job is running on time and to specifications and communicating immediately with the Director and resolving discrepancies.
- Working actively within the business when possible i.e. performing, pruning, thinning, spraying and planting or any other job alongside the men when supervisor has downtime.
- Monitoring of Team and ensuring that all personal equipment is maintained, all staff are fit for work.
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
- The ability and willingness to lead a team.
- Experience supporting a manager or leader in all employment matters.
- Financial acumen.
- Punctual and honest.
- Understanding of Silviculture
- Understanding of Native plant habitats
- Ability to identify NZ native plants
- Be honest, respectful, team player and hardworking
- Physically fit
- Head for heights.
- Career orientated and willing to learn.
- Able to be in a mobile team moving throughout NZ.
Please note there will be periods of work that will have to be preformed outside of the North Canterbury area. This will require being away for up to 3 weeks at times.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
How to Apply
Please request an application form from firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trades & Services Jobs,
View All Jobs