This position would suit someone with approx 2+ years agricultural experience or 1 year's pig production experience who is looking for the opportunity to develop a career as a stockperson in the pig industry.
We are looking for somebody who is:
- Is a proactive communicator and enjoys helping others
- Is flexible and able to prioritise multiple tasks in any given day
- Enjoys driving machinery and working with stock.
- Is physically fit and has a full licence
The ideal candidate would be someone who:
- Has a natural affinity with animals and enjoys working outdoors
- Is careful to maintain the highest standard of animal welfare
- Is driven to achieve production KPI's
- Can pay careful attention to recording accurate data
- Has an eye for detail and acts when things need doing.
- Can communicate clearly with team members and contribute to a healthy team culture.
Daily activities include:
- Feeding all animals on a daily basis with a tractor or by hand Ensuring the sows and piglets have access to clean water, and dry bedding at all times. Driving a variety of farm vehicles including quad bikes, tractors and utility vehicles.
- Carrying out A.I. on a weekly basis
- Medicating and recording information about sick or injured animals.
- Process litters including cross fostering as required to ensure each piglet has adequate milk to grow.
- Recording accurately every day the details of production and location of each sow and piglet on farm.
- Ensuring equipment including ramps, rollers, yards, fences and vehicles are well maintained
- Following the your departments Standard Operating procedures once trained
- Supporting team mates and the Team Leader to ensure all work is completed before going home at night.
Working weekends on a rostered basis.
Patoa Farms provides training and development opportunities within the industry.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa
Please follow the trademe link to apply
Agriculture & Horticulture Jobs,
View All Jobs