Hanmer Springs Ski Field
why join our team?
- You are looking for a winter adventure where YOUR work makes a difference on a daily basis
- You want to meet new people from around the world who share your love of the mountains and "getting out there doing it!"
- You want to avoid the crammed, high cost of living that comes with larger commercial ski areas
- You prefer a taste of life off the beaten track
- You love to ski or ride or live in the snow
- You want to witness and be part of the camaraderie that comes with a small ski area powered by a volunteer committee and members
- You want to be a person in a small team not a face in a large crowd!
who we need:
Hanmer Springs Ski Area requires enthusiastic, versatile and energetic people to fill the following positions for the 2019 season.
Positions require people who are up for adventure, hard work and lots of laughs.
Our seasonal team is small, but the jewel in the crown of our little ski field.
They are not only responsible for the daily operation of the ski area for our members and guests, but also the creation of a welcoming, fun vibe that is cultivated in our small NZ club fields.
Be prepared to receive cakes, flowers and wine from visiting members - as you are the reason everyone gets to spend a day on their favorite mountain!
Hanmer Springs Ski Area operates from a typically rugged, high country position.This environment means challenges pop up involving extreme weather, access, our generators, communications and on very rare occasions, the well being of others. We need people who equally relish being part of a team as much as they do engaging in some problem solving!
The Ski Area Manager is responsible for:
- The day to day running of the Ski Area
- The safe operation of the Ski Area, including road and lodges as required; by the relevant codes of practice, and the Amuri Ski Club Health & Safety Plan
- Supervision of all other mountain staff and club volunteers
- Work closely with relevant ski club committee members
- Step in to assist Office and Lodge Manager when required
- Practical knowledge and background in ski area operation and management
- Good general mechanical knowledge
- Avalanche and first aid qualifications preferred
- Snow Groomer & Tractor operator experience preferred
- Good communication and customer service skills
- Resourcefulness and flexibility to lead small team in a remote environment
- You will be working and living in close quarters with your colleges so must be easy to get a long with.
- Reporting directly to the Club President weekly.
Want to know more Give Sam a call 0273411122
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Management & Executive Jobs,
Sports and Recreation Jobs,
View All Jobs