Continental Catering Group Ltd., based in Rangiora, specialises in catering for events large and small, across the South Island and also operate and manage a range of hospitality venues across Christchurch / Canterbury.
Continental presently employs 80+ staff. For further information refer www.continental.co.nz
We are now looking for an experienced and enthusiastic top-of-the-range Sales Manager to join our team.
Reporting directly to the General Manager you will be part of the Senior Management Team of five members which oversee the running of the business..
Responsibilities of this position includes;
- Overall responsibility for sales for both venues and corporate and private events.
- Develop and champion new sales initiatives.
- Ensuring all present clients continue to receive outstanding service and enjoy a wonderful dining experience.
- Maximising opportunities to sell Continental’s service and expand the client base.
- Providing leadership, direction and motivation to the sales team of five.
- Outlining objectives, priorities and outputs for direct reports.
- Ensuring all queries are responded to promptly and effectively in the agreed timeframe.
- Identifying industry and competitor trends.
- Participating in the Company’s business planning and management meetings.
- Nurturing a positive working environment and company culture.
Skills/Attributes we require include:
- A tertiary qualification or relevant work experience in senior sales.
- A customer centered focus with a desire to meet or exceed client’s needs.
- Strong communication skills both written and oral.
- Well proven sales and business development skills at a senior level.
- A background in hospitality would be a bonus.
- Initiative and strong attention to detail and presentation.
- The ability to prioritize work to meet deadlines in a high pressure environment.
- Leadership of the sales team whilst working to change and grow the business.
- Being computer literate in Microsoft products.
- The ability to work in a busy, demanding environment and retain your sense of humour!
If you have an interest in this outstanding opportunity, then please contact Ralph Webster on
0274 302 859 or simply email your letter of application and CV to email@example.com
Do not hesitate as the successful candidate will receive a competitive salary and company vehicle along with discounts on purchases across all parts of Continental’s business.
Applications close on Friday 22 September 2017 and will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Sales & Marketing Jobs,
View All Jobs