Countdown is a great New Zealand Company providing our customers with quality, range and value. We are built on a passion for retail, dedication and a commitment to making our customers experience more enjoyable every time. Countdown Supermarkets is seeking a self-motivated, enthusiastic and energetic person for the role of Produce Manager.
Key responsibilities include:
- Maintain a high level of communication with customers
- Ensure that customers are served in a friendly efficient manner
- Train and develop staff in your Department
- Sales planning, rostering, merchandising and ordering of stock to company specified guidelines and budgets
- Abide by company policies and procedures in relation to Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) and Food Safety to ensure a safe working environment for customers, staff and contractors
To be considered for this role you need to be able to meet the following selection criteria:
- Ability to be available for work across the 7 days of the week which may include evenings and late nights and some public holidays
- Communicate effectively with customers and staff
- Demonstrate a strong customer focus and competently deal with customer queries and complaints
- Work in a fast-paced team environment
- Be self motivated and show initiative
- Prioritise workload to effectively meet deadlines
- Effectively supervise and train staff on a daily basis to ensure company policies and procedures are being adhered to
- Project a professional image at all times
- Demonstrate previous experience of ordering, stocktake and rostering systems
- Demonstrate an awareness and consideration for a safe working environment
- Consistently maintain a high standard of housekeeping in your Department
- Have an eye for detail and sense of urgency to achieve results
At Countdown, safety is a core value - countdown to zero is our mission of zero harm to our people, environment and community.
Please note the holiday period is a busy time for our stores - we apologise in advance if there is a delay in responding to your application.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Apply online: https://www.trademe.co.nz/jobs/retail/department-managers/listing-2009189761.htm?rsqid=abbcfca423534d77a0bc0dc697522898
View All Jobs