- Business Centre
- Training & Events
- Business Support
- Live & Invest
- About ENC
• Senior Leadership Position
• Looking for a rare challenge?
• Ever dreamed of living by mountains and sea?
Join the small council with the massive challenge!
The Kaikoura District has been significantly impacted by the recent earthquakes. In order to best meet the challenges of a different future we need a new approach. As a Council, we may be small in size but we are committed to achieving the best outcomes for our residents and visitors. And for that we need supremely talented and motivated leadership; people who can work together as a team to successfully balance leadership, management and grass-roots involvement. The district is uniquely beautiful and offers lots of recreational opportunities. Our Council is a leader in sustainability.
This is a unique opportunity to live in and re-build a tourist hot-spot, to get stuck-in, to help, to be challenged and grow. We are looking for people with a collaborative mindset, who can work with each other, the community, partner agencies and stakeholders to lead a high performing organisation which makes a real and positive difference to the community.
This critical role will lead and direct financial, commercial and business support functions to ensure sustainable future financial health for the Council. Of particular note is the key responsibility for economic development; developing and promoting new commercial opportunities to help the district recover and position itself for future high performance. Amongst other things this will involve looking at innovative ways to generate more value from our investments.
There will need to be significant focus on improving financial disciplines, modelling, strategies and reporting in order to improve our long-term rates affordability and debt management. This position is also responsible for risk management. This position reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer and has four direct and four indirect reports.
To be successful in this role you will need to have:
• A tertiary qualification in commerce or management
• Membership of NZICA
• A minimum of three years’ experience in a tier 2 Finance position managing a budget upwards of $5 million
• A high level of interpersonal credibility and influence and the ability to negotiate
• Experience conducting feasibility studies and managing borrowing and investment portfolios
• Advanced knowledge of MS Office suite, spreadsheets and databases
• Ideally you will have experience working alongside local or central government with practical experience preparing and working to Activity Management Plans
Applications Close 21/05/2017
How to Apply A job description can be found on our website www.kaikoura.govt.nz
For more information and to apply please email email@example.com