The Environmental Restoration Landscaper is responsible for the installation of Native and Forestry trees. This is a physically demanding role requiring a high level of fitness and there is the requirement to be confident when working on steep ground or at height.
- NZ Native Species and Forestry Species planting.
- Identify different plant species
- Correctly choose the appropriate species for the terrain and conditions.
- Planting plants with the correct cultivation techniques for the species being handled.
- You will be planting in all types of soils, terrain and weather.
- Staking of individual plants may be involved.
- Release spraying or weed eradication by use of chemical and manual removal.
- Seeding of seedlings for the following planting season
- May involve animal pest control
- 3 Years minimum experience.
- Understanding of NZ Native Restoration and Forestry planting and the species.
- Be honest, respectful, team player and hardworking
- Physically fit
- Head for heights.
- Career orientated and willing to learn.
- Full clean drivers licence
- Construct Safe Tier 1
- First Aid would be of advantage
- Tree Planting modules 1234 (forestry) and/or 2765 (P. ITO) Module Min.
Please apply online at our recruitment page or the link below:
Applications will require: Drivers Licence or Passport Visa Details (if Applicable) Up to date Resume or CV
Position applications close: 14th August 2020
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.