Harris Meats is looking for a butcher to bring skill and quality to our Boning Room department.
We are a family owned business and have been operating for nearly 60 years. Our meat processing factory is based in a rural location, just out of Cheviot. We also have a small butcher's shop in Cheviot township.
As a Butcher you will possess the following skills:
- Proficient knife handling skills
- Ability to create a wide variety of top quality cuts of meat for the retail market
Applicants must have:
- Strong attention to detail
- Be a team worker
- Be co-operative and friendly
- Have the ability to take direction and follow instructions
- Able to use a wide range of machinery safely
- Have a flexible attitude
- Be able to work at a fast pace but maintain quality at all times.
This is a full-time, permanent position available that require commitment and dedication.
If you are motivated, energetic and prepared to go the extra mile then this would be an excellent career opportunity!
The Hurunui area is rich with outdoor activities including hunting and fishing, and Cheviot township offers excellent services including medical centre, area school and fabulous cafes!
We can assist you to relocate, and can find accommodation for you if needed.Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.