NEW BUSINESS CENTRE FOR NORTH CANTERBURY
ENC Business Centre is a new space for the business community of North Canterbury to collaborate, innovate and inspire creativity and the first of its kind in North Canterbury.
The Centre is designed to allow you to tap into ENC's services, support and resources while taking advantage of the flexibility that comes with online bookings, the accessibility of our meeting rooms and board/training rooms and the efficiency of having all our enterprising activities under one roof.
If you want to know more about why we are launching the Business Centre and what it means for you and your business, please read our FAQs, or contact us directly.
The new business centre will offer exceptional facilities including: -
- Professional meetings spaces
- The best broadband connection in North Canterbury
- Free data for business when you book a room/nook area
- All levels of business support (advice, training, networking)
- A "go to" place for all businesses
The establishment of the ENC Business Centre would not have been possible without the support and sponsorship of numerous people and organisations. MainPower (corporate) BDO, Research First and Spark (silver) and our bronze level sponsors; EziLawn, Ezi-Breeze, Hazeldine Constuction, Hellers, Men at Work, Deans Auto Electric and Amberley Electrical, Total Drainage & Excavation, PLC and Larsen's Art 'n' Signs.
Final Networking Function for 2015 a Success
We had a beautiful evening and a great turnout for the last of our networking events in 2015 held at the Mainpower headquarters in Southbrook, Rangiora.
Close to 80 local business people came along to enjoy a glass of wine and meet others in the business community. Hurunui mayor Winton Dalley also attended, as did several of our sponsors and ENC board members.
There were some fascinating presentations from the team at Wellbeing North Canterbury, who kindly sponsored the event for us.
Read the full event report here >>
North Canterbury Business Confidence Survey released
The November Business Confidence Survey has been released. These surveys, now carried out by our silver sponsor, Research First, paint a picture of a business community that, while confidence has been dropping, has had steady growth over the last two years, has invested in increasing their capacity, and is seeking to grow the number of sales they bring in to make a return on this investment.
Key points are:
- While business confidence has been slowly decreasing over the last couple of years, North Canterbury is still far more positive than New Zealand as a whole. We currently have a net 2% business confidence (very slightly positive) as opposed to minus 14% for the rest of New Zealand (negative).
- However, while overall confidence is low, investment is still high with one third of respondents planning to increase investment in buildings and machinery, and profitability levels in North Canterbury have been consistently higher in North Canterbury compared to national results
- The number employed continues to grow, and it has become easier to source unskilled staff. However it still remains difficult to find skilled and semi-skilled staff.
Read the full report here.
Business in North Canterbury
Enterprise North Canterbury (ENC) is the economic development agency for North Canterbury. ENC works alongside businesses and people to develop an innovative and prosperous region. We offer training, networking functions, free assessments of business skills, job search and often have several specific on going projects dealing with broadband, agribusiness, district promotions and much more.
Latest Infometric and CAM Reports
Current Local Business Confidence
The latest Infometrics for the Waimakariri economy is available with several key points highlighted.
The latest Commerical Accommodation Monitor (CAM) report is also available for both districts.
In May ENC sought the views of a range of businesses in North Canterbury on the economic & labour market situation.
Please read the update prepared by ENC and BDM.
For your interest past surveys are also available.
ENC operates the Kaiapoi i-SITE
and has the Visit Waimakariri
WDC promotional contract. The Kaiapoi i-Site
provides expert local knowledge and can also help you with bookings for accommodation, activities and travel within New Zealand.
Visit Waimakariri promotes our unspoiled district to the domestic and international traveller. They also produce the very extensive and popular Waimakariri Events calendar that showcase some of the 550 events held annually in the Waimak.